Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Quote:
If you show up at the table at the right time, you might be able to sign up with me!!
big_smile.png
Even if you join ahead of time, I hope you'll stop by the table and say hello.

First, I apologize if this has been covered already. Trust me I try to keep up. What are the genetics behind porcelain? I believe they can only be bred to the same color correct? So if you cross one with buff or lav you will get off colors?
"Porcelain" is probably more correctly referred to as blue-cream but has many other names as the project develops. Buff x self-blue cross, then breed the result back to self-blue. Two copies of lav one of buff.

What are the benefits of joining the ABSC?

You receive the quarterly newsletters, can participate in the forum, have access to the club's photo albums which includes a series of albums that show various faults and their more ideal counterparts, you can sell through the club's forum, have your showing points accumulated and rewarded, and you get to support junior members in their breeding and showing endeavors. :)

You receive the quarterly newsletters, can participate in the forum, have access to the club's photo albums which includes a series of albums that show various faults and their more ideal counterparts, you can sell through the club's forum, have your showing points accumulated and rewarded, and you get to support junior members in their breeding and showing endeavors. :)

That is great! I will definitely be joining!

I have meet people because of joining the ABSC and there is lots of information on there. I have volunteered to help out at the clubs sign in table for the weekend and hope to see many more people, see their amazing silkies and walk away with hands on experience and a greater understanding of breeding and showing silkies...not to mention making great contacts for the future if I ever need them.

Those are some great ideas about setting up a lunch...I will have to look at the site as there is a forum on ABSC with everything about the show and what is happening...lots of fun prizes being organized...and the clubs tee shirts...hope lots of you guys will be there...

I have meet people because of joining the ABSC and there is lots of information on there. I have volunteered to help out at the clubs sign in table for the weekend and hope to see many more people, see their amazing silkies and walk away with hands on experience and a greater understanding of breeding and showing silkies...not to mention making great contacts for the future if I ever need them.

Those are some great ideas about setting up a lunch...I will have to look at the site as there is a forum on ABSC with everything about the show and what is happening...lots of fun prizes being organized...and the clubs tee shirts...hope lots of you guys will be there...
I just signed up on line
thumbsup.gif

I would like to buy some leg bandettes (the plastic ones with numbers on it)
but I cannot figure out the size. I would like some for my newly hatched chicks, some for my teenagers and finally some for my adults.
Can someone help me with the size?

Back
Top Bottom