Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Well, sorry dragonlady
sad.png
... Here is Mr. Snowmiser AKA snowball
lol.png
He crowed this morning so I went to pick him up. I just love him though! I hope he isn't too loud, Ice is really putting him in his place so maybe he will be too scared to crow haha! I'm sure his wings will correct themselves, he's been living in a dog crate so he didn't get much room to exercise them. He'll grow out of it now that he has room to grow.

Well, sorry dragonlady
sad.png
lol.png
He crowed this morning so I went to pick him up. I just love him though! I hope he isn't too loud, Ice is really putting him in his place so maybe he will be too scared to crow haha! I'm sure his wings will correct themselves, he's been living in a dog crate so he didn't get much room to exercise them. He'll grow out of it now that he has room to grow.

I'll be interested to know if he breeds since he is so feminine.

Well, sorry dragonlady
sad.png
lol.png

Well, I guess he answered that question.
big_smile.png
He's still very handsome. Hope those wings tuck in.
And look at those feet!!
ep.gif
How old is he again?

I was thinking the same...very pretty, girly boy. My girly boy has yet to breed and he is a year and a half.
I've done horses, big time, since I was three years old. The old Irish horsemen always told me, "If you have to open the stall door to see what sex it is; don't bother. I remembered this when I bred English Mastiffs ( BOB Westminster 1972). The really doggy, competitive bitches never bred , or killed their pups. In Mastiffs you are breeding for a MASCULINE dog.

I remembered this when I got my first Silkies.You are breeding for FEMALE characteristics. I used to turn all my young males out on the floor with some old hens. Most times, the pretty boys walked around swinging their purses.The ones who looked like cock birds were the breeders.1/2 of the pretty boys were infertile under the microscope. If you continue to use TOO pretty Silkie males, you WILL loose fertility over time. Been there. Done that !

Back
Top Bottom