Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

I'd hate to see this thread die...I think critiques would be good. Feel free to critique away. This is a five month-old pullet.

She is absolutely terrible. I will do you a favour and take her off your hands so that you don't have to look at that typey, fully bearded, ball of fluff. I'm sure I can find room in my flock to take pity on her.
gig.gif

Seriously
love.gif
(But she may need some feather trimming around her eyes.)

She is absolutely terrible. I will do you a favour and take her off your hands so that you don't have to look at that typey, fully bearded, ball of fluff. I'm sure I can find room in my flock to take pity on her.
gig.gif

Seriously
love.gif
(But she may need some feather trimming around her eyes.)
LOL! So here I am trying to learn how to judge silkies objectively (to improve my own flock)...I'm studying this pullet's pix and trying to fault her...lovin' everything I see...and I read the first line of your post, Sonoran. My heart went to my stomach! Before I read on I was ready to sell my flock and call it a day!
gig.gif
PHEW!! I'm glad that I might be learning something after all!
lau.gif

Your stomach! lol Good to hear! I can't take credit for her though. I think maybe I am not trimming enough?
Her back could be shorter though correct?

And Peep, I don't know about the bonnet. I like it but it isn't truly correct. Probably would lose points. But I can live with it;-)
All...please add photos for critiques. Even an old bird you may not have anymore...critiquing is the best way to learn conformation. Hands on
would be ideal, but this is next best for learning.

And Peep, I don't know about the bonnet. I like it but it isn't truly correct. Probably would lose points. But I can live with it;-)
All...please add photos for critiques. Even an old bird you may not have anymore...critiquing is the best way to learn conformation. Hands on
would be ideal, but this is next best for learning.
I'm hoping to get some photos tomorrow. I've been recoverying from surgery and haven't been to the barn in 7 weeks! Can you imagine the change in my grow out pen???

Back
Top Bottom