Silkie color genetics chart?

Pics
I have a question. I raise lavender silkies, but the breeder I bought my first lav from mixed whites to add type. As that was what he raised. After I doubled back on the line I started getting White along with my lavender chicks. My question is ( If I breed these white together will I get lavender.) Both parents are lavender! I assume they have to be lavender genetically since both parents are lavender. Here is a picture of one. Also they look normal lav at birth. That changes quickly into sbw. this is the same bird in sunlight and in shade.
new things 230.jpg
So what do you think?
new things 006.jpg

No.
If you breed those whites together all you will get is more whites that carry the lavender hidden underneath just as they do.
Silkie white is recessive white so it acts just like lavender. Takes copy of white from each parent to show. One copy is carried sight unseen like black split to lavender do.
If yo breed those whites to the lavenders you will get some lavenders from the lavenders that are carrying a white gene. You will get all lavenders from the lavenders that don't carry white.
All chicks produced from the whites will carry at least one copy of white. You will never get rid of the white popping up if you keep breeding whites.
It will also be very difficult to get white out of your future chicks when breeding any of these birds since it can go from generation to generation sight unseen.
It will take test breeding to get it cleaned from the line now.

I have a question. I raise lavender silkies, but the breeder I bought my first lav from mixed whites to add type. As that was what he raised. After I doubled back on the line I started getting White along with my lavender chicks. My question is ( If I breed these white together will I get lavender.) Both parents are lavender! I assume they have to be lavender genetically since both parents are lavender. Here is a picture of one. Also they look normal lav at birth. That changes quickly into sbw. this is the same bird in sunlight and in shade.View attachment 1261818 So what do you think?
View attachment 1261822
That looks like a very diluted lavender. Use black and then the offspring back to lavender

Hi there, I know that this is an old thread but, just wondering what color this baby turned out to be! LOL my little one looks just like this!

Back
Top Bottom