Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics

This is my Josephine, her mother was a golden laced sebright and her father was a monster sized standard silkie. She is very large considering her parentage. She is about 3 1/2 months old. I think she's gorgeous her feathers shine green up close and she has extremely black skin all over. Her feathering is very thick and poofy, she has blueish purple earlobes and an extra toe on each foot (from her daddy) Plus she's a flyer! I had to cut this little devils wings the moment i got her, first thing she did when I got her was fly up on top of my 8 foot tall coop!

This is my Josephine, her mother was a golden laced sebright and her father was a monster sized standard silkie. She is very large considering her parentage. She is about 3 1/2 months old. I think she's gorgeous her feathers shine green up close and she has extremely black skin all over. Her feathering is very thick and poofy, she has blueish purple earlobes and an extra toe on each foot (from her daddy) Plus she's a flyer! I had to cut this little devils wings the moment i got her, first thing she did when I got her was fly up on top of my 8 foot tall coop!
Gorgeous! :love

Now for my questions
big_smile.png
I have a Golden Sebright male that I would like to cross with one of my Silkies. One of my hens is partridge, and the other is black. Should I try crossing him with Cindy instead? However

According to the "Chicken Calculator" this is what you should get:
Sebright roo and partridge hen:
Pullets.....black patterned gold incomplete double laced/halfspangled?
Cockerels...black patterned gold incomplete laced/halfspangled?

For the Sebright and Black:
All chicks should be black

However, remember that the two Silkies may have recessive genes which don't show up but may in the chicks. Anyway, I think I would try the Sebright and the partridge.

Does anyone know how to get silkie genes? Example, if you cross an Ameraucana with a Silkie how many generations before the silkie gene will appear in the offspring? Make any sense? Thanks.

Does anyone know how to get silkie genes? Example, if you cross an Ameraucana with a Silkie how many generations before the silkie gene will appear in the offspring? Make any sense? Thanks.
My ameruacana/silkie mix is first generation. She has frilly standard feathers that feel like bunny fur and a fluffy tuft on her head. She is smaller than standard and lays khaki green eggs. If I bred her to a silkie she would have more of that poofy silkie appearance and be smaller. Probably lay cream or barely green eggs. If I bred her with an ameruacana, she'd be standard size and look like an easter egger. Definitely green eggs, maybe even blue.

If you cross your Amercauna cross (that is 1/2 Silkie?) with a Silkie, apx 1/2 should have Silkie type feathers. If you cross it with an Amercauna...no Silkie feathers in the off spring. To another Amercauna-Silkie cross, apx. 1/4 should have Silkie feathers.

I have 2 chicks from a buff silkie Roo and A blk sex link hen ( I think that's what she is a friend gave me her ) I'll try and get some pics tomorrow, can't wait to see what their going to look like when grown.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom