Silkie Duck Thread

Pics
My first silkies have commenced with Internal Pipping!!

I suspect these eggs will be from my chocolate call drake... but that's FINE by me! I have them all separate now... but yayayayayayayay!!!!!

UPDATE! I have externally pipped for ducky #1. She took a deep breath and peeped hello to me. SO GLAD I did that. The other 3 are still working on Internal Pip.

I'll keep you posted!

OK update... Duckling #1 is almost out. #2 didn't make it by the time I externally pipped for it. It was beautiful too... :( #3 and #4 I externally pipped for both and they're doing well. I won't help them further til tmw. That is all. :)

One of my silkies hatched today, think it is a black/with the black bibbed drake father. And I got one last week with my Hookbill hatch. I beleiev it is out of the snowy and brown fawn? pair, it's doing well, I have a few more pipping, but some runners in there too, maybe a hookbill I willhav eto check. All the eggs fromym white pair were duds... (he isn't a year old yet.)....

So how are the hatches going mominoz?

I'm happy to announce we now have fertile eggs!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
yesss.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif

Ok so maybe I'm a little excited about that. LOL I've got a handful that are due on the 4th so I've got fingers crossed for a positive result. Now I'm not misting them, Not cooling them, and not hand turning them. They are just in the bator with the rest of my eggs being turned automatically. Humidity is hanging around 40% or so. I've had better results in the bator with lower humidity so I'm just trying this silkie duck thing out like the rest of my eggs this time around and will adjust my methods depending on the outcome of the hatch. I've got another set ready to go in today so we will see.

Mominoz are you misting, cooling or hand turning?

How are your eggs in the incubator doing? Any luck? FYI, the Ancona eggs you sent me are hatching now. I'll have to post some pics on that thread.

Nope no luck. Wish I had more of a chance to experiment with hatching them this year but all the non fertile eggs left me with a small window of good eggs late in the season to set. Always next year and I think I'll be using as many broodies as I can. I have one silkie duck hen setting on 3 eggs right now but it took her a while to decide to set them so I'm not sure if they will turn out or not. plus it's hot here so we will see.

Wow.. This thread is quiet!

I am having trouble figuring out some of the colors of my Silkies and am hoping someone can help.

Does anyone know what color this young drake is? Anyone?

I wish I could tell you . . . he is beautiful!

I have a buff drake, a nice looking one, but I know just about nothing about colors. Hope an experienced silky person checks in soon.

Back
Top Bottom