Silkie Feathered Ameraucanas adventure

I have a white Silkie Easter Egger hen...I'm interested in the same, findng a Silkied cockerel so to hatch more white Silkie EEs.
My hen is young, just started laying and she lays a very large blue egg. She is NOT a Silkie cross, she is an EE (green legged) without ANY Silkie traits whatsoever. She also doesn't have any normal (hooked) feathers...she is enitrely silkie feathered and pure white, no markings at all.
Would anyone have a white Silkied cockerel to sell me, OR swap with me for future hatching eggs from that cross?
Please let me know...my hen is big, lovely and a great layer. I'd love to hatch more just like her.

Last edited:
I don't know of any of us who have a pure silkied bird that is white. WOW to you I just got my first black and I was thrilled! I have bbs and ALWAYS get blue and splash...lol I do know others outcrossing to other colors and breeds to get other varieties...but no white ...that would be awesome IMO ....you Could use a pure am cock that is Dominate for white...you would hatch ALL splits first hatch...then take those breed together to get a percentage of silkied....silkied x silkied of course gets silkied. Good luck!

I have a white Silkie Easter Egger hen...I'm interested in the same, findng a Silkied cockerel so to hatch more white Silkie EEs.
My hen is young, just started laying and she lays a very large blue egg. She is NOT a Silkie cross, she is an EE (green legged) without ANY Silkie traits whatsoever. She also doesn't have any normal (hooked) feathers...she is enitrely silkie feathered and pure white, no markings at all.
Would anyone have a white Silkied cockerel to sell me, OR swap with me for future hatching eggs from that cross?
Please let me know...my hen is big, lovely and a great layer. I'd love to hatch more just like her.

Where are you located? I might be parting with my gorgeous white silkie cockerel.

Just what colored eggs are You getting? Just curious as I have a Buff Silkie rooster that isn't prejudice what type of hen he pins down lol.

To clarify, I am not looking for a Silkie cockerel, I am looking for a dominant white silkie-feathered EE or ameraucana cockerel to pair with my white silkie-feathered EE hen. I do not want a cockerel that has any Silkie blood. To respond to your question, my girl lays medium blue (not green-blue, a pure blue) large eggs.

Do you mean SILKIED, or Silkie? Two different breeds/genetics. I get confused when I hear people say Silkie Ameraucana or Silkie Serama..I think they mean SILKIED. Silkied is a feather type, SILKIE is a breed.

Do you mean SILKIED, or Silkie? Two different breeds/genetics. I get confused when I hear people say Silkie Ameraucana or Silkie Serama..I think they mean SILKIED. Silkied is a feather type, SILKIE is a breed.
Well, my post immediately above your response explains what I'm looking for very clearly. I'm well aware that Silkie is a breed and that Silkied is a feather type, which I made obvious in both of my previous posts. I have a Easter Egger WITHOUT any Silkie genetics in her, but she has pure white SILKIED feathering. I am looking for a roo who is also an Ameraucana or EE without any Silkie genetics but who has dominant white Silkied feathering. It will be very difficult to find such a roo, no doubt, but it's worth a try as it would be marvelous to have more like my hen, and to start a line.

Hi KathyinMO and all,
Silkied eggs on thier way this weekend and wanted to mark this thread.
fl.gif

Sooo... I've been out of the game for awhile (life has been absolutly NUTS!) but I'm back, got a coop, some birds, and my incubator up and running again!

I've admired these birds for years and have wanted some of my own. Is anyone selling eggs, chicks or older birds? I'm in the TX Panhandle and if anyone is in TX i am willing to travel a reasonable distance for pick up

Back
Top Bottom