Silkie Feathered Ameraucanas adventure

These are not a cross but a spontaneous feather mutation discovered in purebred Ameracauna. It was tested as a experiement and a cross is going to result in 5 toed, black skined offspring that would take many generations to breed back to standard and would not go unnoticed. Dosen't mean you can't do the cross, just understand that is not what these are.

These are not a cross but a spontaneous feather mutation discovered in purebred Ameracauna. It was tested as a experiement and a cross is going to result in 5 toed, black skined offspring that would take many generations to breed back to standard and would not go unnoticed. Dosen't mean you can't do the cross, just understand that is not what these are.

DragonEggs,

I know that ChooksChick, in Lawrence KS, has eggs available and mails them. I believe there is someone in some part of TX that also has them. If you are really looking for them, I would go to the "What's wrong with their feathers?" thread and ask there. This thread has been pretty inactive, but that one folks still check.

Sooo... I've been out of the game for awhile (life has been absolutly NUTS!) but I'm back, got a coop, some birds, and my incubator up and running again!

I've admired these birds for years and have wanted some of my own. Is anyone selling eggs, chicks or older birds? I'm in the TX Panhandle and if anyone is in TX i am willing to travel a reasonable distance for pick up

Hi you can pm me...I have birds available Roos right now...and then also have eggs as soon as they lay or I can get you guaranteed splits right now. Let me know! :D

I have OE eggs silkied caring girls in with a pure silkied roo ( we have a silkied pure splash hen we are putting into this pen tonight) and the other Am eggs are split to silkied... Pen is black blue splash. Eggs only sorry.

ETA: the Oe eggs hatch out 50/50 so half should be full silkied and some will be smooth. :D

Last edited:
I have OE eggs silkied caring girls in with a pure silkied roo ( we have a silkied pure splash hen we are putting into this pen tonight) and the other Am eggs are split to silkied... Pen is black blue splash. Eggs only sorry.

ETA: the Oe eggs hatch out 50/50 so half should be full silkied and some will be smooth.
big_smile.png

Hello chick-among-us,

I have been drooling over these birds since I first heard of them. Katkai also has some in Texas but will not have any ready until spring. I would love to get started with these beauties before then. Could you p.m. with info? I would not mind a road trip. I live about three and a half hours away. My bator is homemade and so I do not trust hatching myself on such a hard to find birds and would really like to get some chicks or any age hen carrying silkie gene or fully silkied.

I know you just said eggs only, but I thought I would put it out there. I hope it does not seem rude to ask. Thanks in advance!

Not rude at all pm me! I may have some birds I can let go, left. They are still young and not laying yet. I would most likely only have a few Roos at this point. My hens are precious much like all of us...ohhhh I might have some smooth carriers for you! Those are hens I believe. Might take a bit longer to ascertain. ;) But a smooth carrier x a fluffy roo = 50/50!

Last edited:
Not rude at all pm me! I may have some birds I can let go, left. They are still young and not laying yet. I would most likely only have a few Roos at this point. My hens are precious much like all of us...ohhhh I might have some smooth carriers for you! Those are hens I believe. Might take a bit longer to ascertain.
wink.png
But a smooth carrier x a fluffy roo = 50/50!
Wonderful! I P.M.ed you last night but I will send you another. Don't want to bother you to much but I am REALLY looking forward to getting some!

Back
Top Bottom