Silkie Names!!!

Blue rooster earl
Black rooster Mickey
Splash rooster Larry
Splash rooster mo
White hen Tilley
White hen seal
Blue 2week old haven't name it

All I can think when I see Earl is that song 'Earl had to die' I think that will be my EE rooster's name, when I decide who I'm over wintering.

I haven't seen my Silkies yet, I pick them up on Thursday, so no names.

I have a bunch of silkies and love naming them I have Paints, buffs, whites and blacks...
Wizard, Smurt and Kit Kat, Cylypso, Miko and Magic, Dusty, Sally, Cocoa and Lucy, Bojangles, Ceasar, Chicklet, Taffy, Star, Winter, White Sox, Gabriel, Caramel, Smoke and my new red buff rooster
Captain...I think that is it..

Our gal is Babs. Pretty sure she's not a Bubs.

I raise Silkies and Cochins and Yes everyone has a name ; My silkies are: Dusty, Sally, Cocoa,Lucy, Wizard, KitKat, Smurfy,Magoo, Calypso, Magic, Miko, Caramel, Smoke, Bojangles, Taffy, Caesar, Chicklett, Star, Gabby, Captain, White sox, and Winter....

I have 3 Silkie Pullets.

White-Sister Clair (we have a white dog named Brother Francis, haha)
Blue- Flannery O'Connor
Buff- Daisy Buchanan (I have a silver laced Polish named Velma Kelly so I figured I needed another roaring 20's name, haha!)

Anyone got some ideas of what to name a partridge silkie chick that we hope is a female (I hear you can't tell silkies genders until crow or egg and since she's only 6 weeks old, it may be a while before we are sure) and it ought to follow a rock/mineral theme that we've been using for the bantams. I am not sure if partridge silkies look buff/blond like she looks now or if she'll look more like other partridge color chickens (with red and green/black mixed in). We've got: Flint - Porclein d'uccle roo Saphire - Self Blue d'uccle pullet Little Miss Pyrite - OEGB pullet Did have two other roos (traded them for the silkie) temporarily named Onyx (Black) and Citrine (Buff) Had a cat, many years ago named Topaz so can't use it either. I have thought of (or found listed on the internet): Agate (nickname Aggy) Crystal Sandy Mica Galena Thanks for helping out CG
Sandy seemed fitting for her with color.

I just got a new buff silkie chick and I am not sure what to name it. I do not know if it is a boy or girl so I would like a name that is for both a boy and a girl. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
White Silke named Mugatu (from the movie Zoolander)

Buff silke named Tina turner ( look up buff silke and Tina turner-theres not much diffrence)

Black silke with no name but possibly AntiBiotics (she was sick)

Back
Top Bottom