Silkie phoenix cross chicks.

One more pic of the babies
37401_dsci0019.jpg

Sorry the brooder is dirty, I cleaned it right after the picture was taken

I wonder if they will be long fluffy tailed babies! I have black silkies (roos and hens) and only have 4 silver phoenix hens. Thank you for posting the pics very interesting!I love how poultry are like flowers, you never know what to expect after the crosses are made.
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Quote:
No fluffiness will show unless it's the base of the feathers. Silkie feathering is recessive so it won't show when crossed with a normal feathered bird like a Phoenix.

Beautiful bird Sonoran! He's stunning
smile.png

Sweet! I'm so glad I ran across this thread...beautiful bird! I had my silkies in with my standards, which our standard roo is a Silver Phoenix. Well about a week after we seperated them, we started incubating her eggs. Well we had 3 and they all hatched only the second one to hatch had 4 toes, while the other two had 5 toes....would the Phoenix's be the papa to all 3 of them? They all have the silkie feel of a silkie and they are all pitch black skin and feathers. Is there any tall tell sign to look for??

Thanks!

Well, at first I thought that one our silkies must of been a guy all along because Inigo was an adorable fluff ball who looked nothing like a Phoenix chick. We really had no choice but to get an eight ball. After a couple of try-agains , one better not tell you now, and a concentrate and ask again, I got "Signs point to yes".

Inigo as a chick:
4526625734_31e1b5304a.jpg

4525996337_51fb5a9218.jpg

Inigo and Abbi

4526627874_30fa04af23.jpg

Back
Top Bottom