Silkie saga

Very pretty cats! :love Sounds like the Silkies enjoyed a nice evening romp! :D
Their enthusiasm for life is so much fun to watch 😊

I'm still making them mash for breakfast, with Fertrell breeder supplement, they are totally spoiled. I have the one off balance SLW, so it is mainly for her, just in case it's a vitamin / nutrition issue (no improvement in the last 5+ weeks though, so not likely). But they love their daily breakfast so much that I haven't stopped yet. After they eat, they take post-breakfast naps and it is adorable.

Attachments

• 20230611_103207.jpg
    20230611_103207.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 4
Their enthusiasm for life is so much fun to watch 😊

I'm still making them mash for breakfast, with Fertrell breeder supplement, they are totally spoiled. I have the one off balance SLW, so it is mainly for her, just in case it's a vitamin / nutrition issue (no improvement in the last 5+ weeks though, so not likely). But they love their daily breakfast so much that I haven't stopped yet. After they eat, they take post-breakfast naps and it is adorable.
Yes their enthusiasm will always bring a smile to our faces and hearts. ❤ As for the one off balance, are you concentrating on Vitamins E, B and selenium? These is a higher amounts can help with balance, the other Vitamins not so much.

Yes their enthusiasm will always bring a smile to our faces and hearts. ❤ As for the one off balance, are you concentrating on Vitamins E, B and selenium? These is a higher amounts can help with balance, the other Vitamins not so much.
I'm giving her 400IU of vitamin E daily, Poultry Cell (although I've not been doing this the last week), and the Fertrell Poultry show and breeder supplement daily. I did just check and I don't see selenium except in the Poultry Cell but I'm not sure how concentrated that is if she does have a deficiency.

What is the recommended dosage for selenium that I should use? I have some selenium, I'm not sure if it's a powder or a tablet, I'm sure my hubby will share 🤣

I'm giving her 400IU of vitamin E daily, Poultry Cell (although I've not been doing this the last week), and the Fertrell Poultry show and breeder supplement daily. I did just check and I don't see selenium except in the Poultry Cell but I'm not sure how concentrated that is if she does have a deficiency.

What is the recommended dosage for selenium that I should use? I have some selenium, I'm not sure if it's a powder or a tablet, I'm sure my hubby will share 🤣
Generally for wry neck a 1/4 tablet of vitamin B complex and 400 IU of vitamin E is needed TWICE daily. The selenium helps them absorb this stuff, at 25mcg ONCE a day. This is all used for 2 weeks. Silkies can also be prone to head injury and soft skulls. So this may be something you can't fix.

Generally for wry neck a 1/4 tablet of vitamin B complex and 400 IU of vitamin E is needed TWICE daily. The selenium helps them absorb this stuff, at 25mcg ONCE a day. This is all used for 2 weeks. Silkies can also be prone to head injury and soft skulls. So this may be something you can't fix.
😬 I've been doing it wrong then. I'll start the E and B complex 2x/day, I did the E this morning already, so I'll do all 3 tonight. Shes not entirely fond of getting caught for pills, but so far I've been able to sneak up on her when she's eating mash.

This one isn't a silkie, she's a SLW and the only one with the problem out of 11 chicks.

Attachments

• 20230607_190625.jpg
    20230607_190625.jpg
    804.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230603_082353.jpg
    20230603_082353.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 4
😬 I've been doing it wrong then. I'll start the E and B complex 2x/day, I did the E this morning already, so I'll do all 3 tonight. Shes not entirely fond of getting caught for pills, but so far I've been able to sneak up on her when she's eating mash.

This one isn't a silkie, she's a SLW and the only one with the problem out of 11 chicks.
Has she improved at all since starting more vitamins? Well give this a try and hopefully see starts to feel better. :)

Praying she turns the corner soon! :fl
I only have 200mcg capsules of selenium, so for tonight they all got a little, hopefully that's OK 😬 I mixed it in with some mash. I caught Einio and gave her more vit E and B complex. She's getting leery of eating mash, every time she does she gets picked up. I hope the higher doses help.

I only have 200mcg capsules of selenium, so for tonight they all got a little, hopefully that's OK 😬 I mixed it in with some mash. I caught Einio and gave her more vit E and B complex. She's getting leery of eating mash, every time she does she gets picked up. I hope the higher doses help.
The 200mcg should be fine, at least I think so. Yes they get leary after a while, they know when they are being medicated! :D

Back
Top Bottom