silkie sexing

With momma:

Splash:

Blue:

With dad:

They are 17weeks and have not started crowing, but i think at least the splash is a cockerel, maybe also the blue. This will make 3 for 3 if they are, which kind of sucks. I'm trying to breed for more hens, not for eggs, but to raise our egg and meat birds. I'd rather let the hen do it and my 2 current silkie hens are great mommas.

Sorry for the re-post, but does anyone have any guesses?

Thinking this is a girl, but I need to be 100% sure bc I want to get rid of her. She just seems... Scraggly. Anyway, I'm thinking it is a she. A lavender sizzle. Is this correct? She is roughly 4 months old and her name is Sage. She's suuuper shy for some reason. Thanks
smile.png

Plus... Random photobomb. Thanks, Sugar. . .
If you ever find yourself around northeast Florida, I'd buy that pullet any day!!!

A partridge silkie? Or a partridge what (breed)?
It's only one opinion, but mine is that she's so pretty that if she were mine, I'd pair her (and possibly one or two pullet silkies if you get them out of a clutch she hatches) with another silkie roo, like a white or a splash or a buff. It also depends on the roo and what color he is to see what color her offspring would be...which then would determine what roo she'd be best with.
I know, I sound like I'm playing chess not chickens!
What color silkie roos are you thinking you might pair her with?
Might you have any info on her background? like what colors her parents are? THat could help with the choices too...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom