silkie sexing

Hey guys, no question because she is already laying but just posting to show that a big comb isn't automatically a roo. My lady was ambiguously gendered for a long time!

She is also the dominant hen of my two so, just wait for a crow or an egg! Or else you might be giving away a lady ;p

Can someone please help me with color and sex???

Blue??? i know 74% sure rooster

black/gold??? 100% sure rooster

Hen? color no ideal!!!

blackish grey?? hen??

brownish grey?? hen??

hen. splash or paint???

hen prosalain

@kellyloveschad

Let me see here.

#1 Pretty sure a blue cock, by a side pic would help (or is the second pic it as well?)

#2 Some shade of partridge ( :lol: ) Cock. Is it crowing already? You say %100

#3 I'm not sure on color. Maybe a silver partridge? :idunno Looks like a pullet. Very pretty.

#4 Blue, sizzle I think, Looking like a pullet. It's absolutely gorgeous :love

#5 Another partridge, like the other one, and I'm thinking pullet

#6 Are you positive it's a hen? I think it's a paint, but not positive

#7 gorgeous bird.

Your whole flock is amazing. :thumbsup

@kellyloveschad

Let me see here.

#1 Pretty sure a blue cock, by a side pic would help (or is the second pic it as well?)

#2 Some shade of partridge (
lol.png
) Cock. Is it crowing already? You say %100

#3 I'm not sure on color. Maybe a silver partridge?
idunno.gif
Looks like a pullet. Very pretty.

#4 Blue, sizzle I think, Looking like a pullet. It's absolutely gorgeous
love.gif

#5 Another partridge, like the other one, and I'm thinking pullet

#6 Are you positive it's a hen? I think it's a paint, but not positive

#7 gorgeous bird.

Your whole flock is amazing.
thumbsup.gif

#1. my blue one acts like a hen is the oldest of the silkies but keeps trying to mount my little while paint and my porcelain sizzle!!!

#2. is steve crows but sit on the babys in the nesting box and has never mounted anyone so idk

#3 photo four and five are the same bird she almost looks red with black tips and her butts blue

#4 maybe blue she looks silver in the sun

#5 she looks buff all but her head is black

#6 pretty sure its a hen because my rooster keeps getting in trouble for trying to mount her

#7 she's a porcelain sizzle worth a lot of money I guess I didn't want to pay the$100 for her so the breeder I know gave me her and my blue one because she is head of our four h and they are I guess show quality what ever that means!! I just have to give her fertal eggs!!!

and thank you I have 16 birds not one of them is the same!!!

An update on the "3 cocks and 1 pullet" guess now they are at 3 months - this morning we were woken by the cutest crowing, so I can confirm that the white one is a roo, with the red and the black&white both still looking and acting very much like Roos as well. The black one continues to look and behave like a pullet - is smaller than the other 3, has a very round head, but it's tail feathers are the same as her brothers...

Is anyone still looking at photos in this thread? I've been told Maggie is a she by a couple people and the breeder. I still have doubts. She makes some peeping noises still and like chatting cackling noises, this morning it sounded like she was either trying to practice an egg song already or well it could have been a rotten attempt at some sort of crow so now I'm worried :( lol

Very sweet bird.

Where the comb should be is flat dark grey-black nothing there at all, no wattle that I can find.

She will have to go back to her breeder if she is a he.

An update on the "3 cocks and 1 pullet" guess now they are at 3 months - this morning we were woken by the cutest crowing, so I can confirm that the white one is a roo, with the red and the black&white both still looking and acting very much like Roos as well. The black one continues to look and behave like a pullet - is smaller than the other 3, has a very round head, but it's tail feathers are the same as her brothers...

Black looks like your only pullet

Back
Top Bottom