silkie sexing

Do youngings make strange noises? She almost sounded like an injured dog this morning but it wasn't a crow - I don't know what it was. I brought her outside she's still separated from my flock, let her jump out of her basket and she stood there and cackled and made a strange noise I thought "oh no pls tell me that is not a crow" I listened to like 20 YouTube videos and I could not find the sound lol so I don't know what she did maybe egg song practice...
E​
Looks like a Pullet to me :)

One last one of the back of her neck

hello my silkies are now 12 weeks old and I'm hoping to find out their gender. Any help is appreciated. thank you
Frost

Chilly

Snow white

Elsa

Elsa's comb on the left

Here is a face shot of them. I dont know if that helps.
I can't see much comb, if that's any comfort :p . Keep an eye on their combs, crests, and personality. I find that the majority of my Silkie cocks are much more outgoing at a young age compared to the pullets, though the pullets do get friendlier with age. :)

The one I posted about above is super sweet, she will sit in a basket by my desk... lol she sometimes follows me. I hope she isn't a he!!!

How old should they be before i post their photos? I asked another thread when they were about two months and they said post when they're six months but i've been seeing younger pics. Thanks in advance!

You can post photos anytime, you just may not get replies
wink.png

5-6 months a lot more can be told than at 2. If you post some pics, I'll give you my opinion on them if that helps at all :)

Back
Top Bottom