silkie sexing

Pics
Please help!
I have 4 almost 9 week old silkie chicks. I think I have 3 hens and 1 rooster
. I really need to know soon because somebody, not sure yet who, just started crowing and we can't have roosters where we live
hit.gif
. Here are pictures of 3 of them when they were 8 weeks old.

Suspect #1: Bernadette, White silkie

Suspect #2: Nancy, Blue silkie

Suspect #3: Drusilla, Black silkie

Please respond. If you need anymore pictures just ask.
My guess is Bernadette is a boy, no way to know if he's the one crowing, though unless you catch him doing it

Not sure how old this one is exactly. I am guessing about 11-15 weeks? The Pom on the head looks pretty round to me. I think this silkie is going to be bearded after all as the last feathers of his/her neck are coming in now. Wattles are very small but reddish. The comb seems to have grown a little but not much. I don't see any streamers. What do you think?

Not sure how old this one is exactly. I am guessing about 11-15 weeks? The Pom on the head looks pretty round to me. I think this silkie is going to be bearded after all as the last feathers of his/her neck are coming in now. Wattles are very small but reddish. The comb seems to have grown a little but not much. I don't see any streamers. What do you think?
Photo is a little blurry , but from what I can see, I'd say hen.

Yeah!!! Thanks so much fancychooklady! She is a little hard to get a good picture of; camera shy. I will try to get some better ones of her to post soon. So happy I am going to be able to keep her!

My guess is Bernadette is a boy, no way to know if he's the one crowing, though unless you catch him doing it

Ok thanks. Well that would be disapointing if Bernadette is a boy she/he is very sweet. And one more thing the photos don't really show this but Selene, Bernadette, and Drusilla are all alot smaller than Nancy. I'd like to hope Bernadette isn't a boy but well see. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom