silkie sexing

I have three, I am unsure on exact ages, but they are between 6-9 weeks old. The black is the oldest, blue and white are younger. The blue wasn't happy about being a model, sorry for the blurry pics, I understand if you can't tell from those. Here they are:

The white and black one looks like roos to me, not sure about the little guy still kind of to young.

My rooster is almost 18 weeks still no crow which im happy about but he is scared of my two hens as the pick on it. one light sussex and one silkie its mother

Hi, I posted pics of my silkie on another thread because of his/her ever changing color and people are telling me that the color is a sign of being a Roo. I just want to get more opinions because I'm in denial, I really want a pullet
hit.gif
Age= 11 wks

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the colour but the comb is wide enough to make me lean towards rooster. Watch the comb and wattle development over the next week or so. Combs and wattles that get significantly larger at about this age, and redder, = rooster.

Hi, I posted pics of my silkie on another thread because of his/her ever changing color and people are telling me that the color is a sign of being a Roo. I just want to get more opinions because I'm in denial, I really want a pullet :hit Age= 11 wks
I'm gonna say roo. He looks like my nugget but mine has more red,white & silver. I also have been trying to figure out what color he is and I never really found out. I just call him a silver partridge/tolbunt mix

I got these two from a lady with quite a few that were various ages. She wasn't completely sure on sex so I just tried to compare them all and picked the ones I thought looked "hen-ish" How did I do? Do these look like hens to anybody? Thank you!

I got these two from a lady with quite a few that were various ages. She wasn't completely sure on sex so I just tried to compare them all and picked the ones I thought looked "hen-ish" How did I do? Do these look like hens to anybody? Thank you!
I'm gonna say Roos

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom