silkie sexing

Hi all, my 4 week old silkies, no idea if I have hens or roos, any suggestions

If I had to guess I would say the front one looks like a possible roo. It's hard to tell from the picture but the comb looks largish to me.

Any guesses on my 8 week old silkies? I think the 2 blacks are mixed with wheaten ameraucana and the white one maybe with a polish.

I have other photos if those aren't helpful. Thanks.

Last edited:
So these three white silkies I'm totally confused as my other silkies were bearded. I was told the one in front want a girl but looks more like a Roo.. Any suggestions?? Thanks, I'm super anxious to know.

[

Quote:
So these three white silkies I'm totally confused as my other silkies were bearded. I was told the one in front want a girl but looks more like a Roo.. Any suggestions?? Thanks, I'm super anxious to know.

[
It is still VERY early to tell for Silkies. But, if I HAD to bet my farm, I'd say cockerel. He seems to have a fairly well developed comb and he's a bit beefier than my girls at that age. Can you get a better pic of his comb, from the front maybe?

Last edited:
It is still VERY early to tell for Silkies.  But, if I HAD to bet my farm, I'd say cockerel.  He seems to have a fairly well developed comb and he's a bit beefier than my girls at that age. Can you get a better pic of his comb, from the front maybe?
It is still VERY early to tell for Silkies.  But, if I HAD to bet my farm, I'd say cockerel.  He seems to have a fairly well developed comb and he's a bit beefier than my girls at that age. Can you get a better pic of his comb, from the front maybe?

X2 I looked and looked and they all look pretty boyish to me. But I hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom