silkie sexing

Buffy 7 week old maybe blue but looks black

Phoebe is also same litter white

Aunty em or atm as affectionately known also same litter

Gypsy bear was first one to post yesterday same litter.

Mrs doubt fire not same breeder same age 7 weeks

Group photo

Buffy seems to be the biggest of all of them but any help appreciated I know just guesses but not allowed to keep roosters
1f62d.png

Buffy 7 week old maybe blue but looks black

Phoebe is also same litter white

Aunty em or atm as affectionately known also same litter

Gypsy bear was first one to post yesterday same litter.

Mrs doubt fire not same breeder same age 7 weeks

Group photo

Buffy seems to be the biggest of all of them but any help appreciated I know just guesses but not allowed to keep roosters
1f62d.png

Buffy looks like a boy to me
The white looks a little boyish, but I'm not quite sure.
ATM looks girly to me.
Mrs. Doubtfire is Mr. Doubtfire.

what about gypsy bear in an above post???

is this one the same age as the others? it looks a bit younger.

I'm not sure about this one.

on all the others I was just guessing since they all seem a bit too young to sex except for Mr. Doubtfire. That one is definitely a cockerel.
In about another month you should be able to sex a bit easier.

is this one the same age as the others? it looks  a bit younger.

I'm not sure about this one.

on all the others I was just guessing since they all seem a bit too young to sex except for Mr. Doubtfire. That one is definitely a cockerel.
In about another month you should be able to sex a bit easier.

Agreed! Mrs.Doughtfire is the only obvious rooster right now.

Hi all! Here are my three silkies. (I posted a group shot in a separate thread before I saw this one.) I tried to get decent front and side head shots of all three. They are about 4 weeks old, which I know is super early, so this is just guessing for fun.

Silkie #1

Silkie #2

Silkie #3 (I think this one is a roo. No clue on the other two.)

Any guesses here or just too early to tell?

Yes gypsy bear comes from the same litter they all were except mrs/mr doubt fire. What was it about that one that makes you think roo. She/he does not even chest bump or fight the others or have any roo personalities yet. Atm and phoebe and Buffy all fight each other. I have a wellsummer who thinks she is a silkie and always with Buffy. But doubt fire keeps self to self even when fighting she/he just moves to another corner.
Gypsy has always been the smallest of the batch and still has not got much bigger from when first got her

Thanks for the input. I've been hoping at least one is a girl and will be broody for me.

Not sure what I'll end up doing with any boys. I have a barred rock roo in my brooder that I'd like to keep so I don't really need two bantam roos on top of him. And I would imagine they would fight all the time if there were three of them.

Back
Top Bottom