silkie sexing

Five weeks old... Throwing my guess on pullet??? Anyone want to make a guess?

It's ok if he's a roo. We can still keep him, thankfully. He's such an adorable little guy & so full of personality. He's my little buddy! I just hope he isn't a mean roo when he's older.
My silkie rooster tried to be mean and attack me whenever I picked up his hen or chicks. But he failed to realize that he couldn't bite through jeans and I could easily just nudge him away so he gave up that pretty quickly. He just does it sometimes if he knows I'm separating his hen from him for a while. But it's more of just getting you to notice him.

Saltandpepper2, I agree. I'd say pullet. Just a guess, of course.mine is the same age & if you look just above your post, you'll see pics of my little guy, who I believe is a roo.

That was what I was hoping! The only reason I got a silkie was for broodiness.... If little southern belle is a boy, that kind of defeats the purpose!

Not exactly. I have a silkie rooster that just loves taking care of chicks. Don't know how well he would be with sitting for 3 weeks though.

My silkie rooster tried to be mean and attack me whenever I picked up his hen or chicks. But he failed to realize that he couldn't bite through jeans and I could easily just nudge him away so he gave up that pretty quickly. He just does it sometimes if he knows I'm separating his hen from him for a while. But it's more of just getting you to notice him.

I always joke that two Silkie roos fighting are like two pillows smacking together.

Back
Top Bottom