silkie sexing

The left has a small comb but its a little older than the one to the right and the one to the right has no comb or anything

We have a small two month old rooster (well we think its a roo). It looks like a for sure girl to me except "she" just started crowing!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( qwerty!!!!!!! Is there any other ways to tell that they are a rooster?!?!?!?!? Because I have heard that hens can crow. How do you know if it is a hen crowing or a roo crowing??????

We have a small two month old rooster (well we think its a roo). It looks like a for sure girl to me except "she" just started crowing!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( qwerty!!!!!!! Is there any other ways to tell that they are a rooster?!?!?!?!? Because I have heard that hens can crow. How do you know if it is a hen crowing or a roo crowing??????

:welcome post some pics of head and side shots and I'm sure you will get some opinions. :)

Here are 4 blue silkies I hatched that are a couple days over 2 months old. I'm curious to see if there are any sexing guesses as they all look the same to me. :)

I'm a new chicken mama and I have one silkie with three larger breed girls. I've been looking at pictures to try to figure mine out, but I have no idea. She, hopefully she, is 11 weeks old. What do you all think?
[/IMG]

This in Minute now 19 weeks and he is definitely a rooster, he cock-a-doodle-doos morning noon and night, our other Silkie Nugget has not given us an egg or crowed as of today, we have all fingers crossed that she is a hen.

Minute

Back
Top Bottom