Silkie Thread! Talk about your Silkies and post pics of your Silkies

Quote:
Nice Birds Hannah! If you ever get NPIP tested and would like to trade some hatching eggs, let me know.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Nice Birds Hannah! If you ever get NPIP tested and would like to trade some hatching eggs, let me know.
thumbsup.gif

THankyou!
smile.png
I would but unfortunatel I am not NPIP tested. No one is willing to test me.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

THankyou!
smile.png

Call your state Department of agriculture or you could go online or http://www.poultryhelp.com/npipcontacts.html
I
had to keep pestering them to come test my birds about 2 1/2 months but it did get done..
smile.png
Hope this helps

Quote:
THankyou!
smile.png

Call your state Department of agriculture or you could go online or http://www.poultryhelp.com/npipcontacts.html
I
had to keep pestering them to come test my birds about 2 1/2 months but it did get done..
smile.png
Hope this helps

I have called them numerous times and no one will come out and test me. It's their loss. I have to drive my birds 2 hours to get them tested for AI and Pollurum. (closet PA tester)
roll.png

Quote:
I
smile.png
Hope this helps

I have called them numerous times and no one will come out and test me. It's their loss. I have to drive my birds 2 hours to get them tested for AI and Pollurum. (closet PA tester)
roll.png

Somethings not right there. This program is run by the usda, they HAVE to come out and test you, im pretty sure they cant refuse. Usually states have several different testers. Mine tests a couple different counties. I would send another email to them. You need to make it clear that you want to be in the program, NPIP. I would send an email to your state contact.

Dr. Nan Hanshaw, Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Animal Health & Diagnostic Services,
2301 North Cameron Street, Harrisburg 17110-9408. Phone: (717)783-8555 Ext. 212, FAX: (717)787-1868
E-mail: [email protected].

Last edited:
Quote:
roll.png

Somethings not right there. This program is run by the usda, they HAVE to come out and test you, im pretty sure they cant refuse. Usually states have several different testers. Mine tests a couple different counties. I would send another email to them. You need to make it clear that you want to be in the program, NPIP. I would send an email to your state contact.

Dr. Nan Hanshaw, Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Animal Health & Diagnostic Services,
2301 North Cameron Street, Harrisburg 17110-9408. Phone: (717)783-8555 Ext. 212, FAX: (717)787-1868
E-mail: [email protected].

In some states its next to impossible to get tested or is so cost prohibitive that its still unavailable. I'm trying to remember who it was that said the cost would run in to the hundreds. With budget cuts states that don't have poultry as a big industry are more than likely cutting back in the NPIP area.

Back
Top Bottom