Silkie thread!

Oh thank you. I'm pretty smitten with her. She's a real love bug. Still quite young and doesn't have her feathers all fluffed yet. She's about 3 months old. Here's a few more pics

She is lovely and I wouldn't worry about the lack of feathers to her feet. My favorite hen ginger has very little foot feather but Jaffa, her number 1 man has an abundance of it and most , if not all of their offspring have reasonable feet. Feathers to the middle toe are only a requirement in the show ring. :)

She is lovely and I wouldn't worry about the lack of feathers to her feet. My favorite hen ginger has very little foot feather but Jaffa, her number 1 man has an abundance of it and most , if not all of their offspring have reasonable feet. Feathers to the middle toe are only a requirement in the show ring. :)

Thank you so much. I'm not sure if she has good type otherwise as I'm new to silkies. Any input on that?

Third lot of silkie chicks have started to hatch! I got a little paint one in the last hatch but now I've got another one which I'm unsure about. It's a little black one with yellow over both of its eyes and above it's beak. Does anyone know what colour it will turn out to be? It's real mother was a silver partridge and father either a white or black rooster, all pure silkies. The photos aren't that clear but they're good enough to see the colour. Thanks in advance!!

Third lot of silkie chicks have started to hatch! I got a little paint one in the last hatch but now I've got another one which I'm unsure about. It's a little black one with yellow over both of its eyes and above it's beak. Does anyone know what colour it will turn out to be? It's real mother was a silver partridge and father either a white or black rooster, all pure silkies. The photos aren't that clear but they're good enough to see the colour. Thanks in advance!!

Simply gorgeous !!!!

Might turn out to look like this:

but with feathered feet of course...
wink.png

your chick looked like mine at that age.

If you want i can give you a number for very good quality silkies they are in Texas but they ship . I got these last week

Do u know what area of Texas? I'm fixing to head through a big part of it this morning. Maybe I could pick a few up along the way. I won't be able to check my phone too much cause I'll be driving. You could text me at 2702315293 and my kids could read it to me. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom