Silkie thread!

Too soon to post pictures of my new Silkie? Lol

Hello Everyone!

I have 2 silkies. I believe 1 is blue and the other is splash. This is my first time owning any chickens so I may be wrong. They are 10 weeks old. I am trying to figure out the sex but I may not know till they lay or crow. I found a wonderful thread on BYC about sexing silkies but I am still unsure. Any ideas?

thumbsup.gif
Thank you! It is so hard to tell with the silkies.

The father Rooster was a beautiful Patridge from the farm I got my chicks. I'm very new to the colors so I was going off what someone else told me. I thought one was a blue and was one a black when they were little chickies.Their color has changed a lot as they grew their feathers. Lots to learn about chickens! I'm really hoping for both roos or both hens. If one is a roo and one not we will have to rehome the roo. The silkies are from the same hatch and I don't want brother and sister breading. I thought I saw streamers growing on the light colored chicken but wasn't sure.

You're welcome. :D I'm not very good with chicken colors :rolleyes: yes, they do indeed change colors! It's fun surprises when they aren't what you think they are.

Hello Everyone! I have 2 silkies. I believe 1 is blue and the other is splash. This is my first time owning any chickens so I may be wrong. They are 10 weeks old. I am trying to figure out the sex but I may not know till they lay or crow. I found a wonderful thread on BYC about sexing silkies but I am still unsure. Any ideas?
The Blue is splash but appears to have red leakage around the hackle. The other could be a very light partridge .

Hello all, any ideas on the sex of my two? I also have been on the silkie sexing forum, there seems to also be a lot of experts here so thought I'd ask:

Chick #1 the larger of the pair (named Asia)

Chick #2 (named Iralia)

Both together

Many thanks :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom