Silkie thread!

Does anyone know of any other chicken sites besides backyard chickens where I could post an ad to find good homes for my silkie roosters? I posted one on here and have re-homed three roos out of the 9 I have to find homes for. I love them, but I have too many roosters to hens ratio, so I can't keep all of them. Thanks in advance for your replies:)

Does anyone know of any other chicken sites besides backyard chickens where I could post an ad to find good homes for my silkie roosters? I posted one on here and have re-homed three roos out of the 9 I have to find homes for. I love them, but I have too many roosters to hens ratio, so I can't keep all of them. Thanks in advance for your replies:)
Sorry, but no. Have you tried Craigslist?

What is a good rooster to hen ratio when keeping silkies? Right now I have 1 roaster and 6 pellets, is it too many hens for him?

Thanks!

Lol, if only I had that problem!:p

What is a good rooster to hen ratio when keeping silkies? Right now I have 1 roaster and 6 pellets, is it too many hens for him?

Thanks!

Lol, if only I had that problem!:p

No. Perfect! Now on my side (non silkies) I have 1 roo to 15 hens n for some reason eggs aren't fertilized. So that may be too many hens, OR I just have stressed out birds (ima figure it out n take care of it).

Brand new to Silkies and hatching! Here's what we woke up to!

Nah, I think 1:6 is perfect. You should be worried more about too many roosters.

Okay, I have had some pretty useless silkie roosters in the past, who would only mate 2 out of the 4 hens, but this is a new baby rooster that I am keeping from my babies. We will see if he does his job next spring!

Back
Top Bottom