Silkie thread!

I bought some silkies last weekend. I had a choice of the larger or smaller male. Since my other breeds are larger and I thought he might need to defend himself if he got out..I chose the larger roo. We were tire from the drive so I didn't notice how large his comb was.
Now I'm wondering if he is a silie or a mix of silkie and the Aracana chickens he had. Please telle what he is...if I should breed him with his silkie hens.

I bought some silkies last weekend. I had a choice of the larger or smaller male. Since my other breeds are larger and I thought he might need to defend himself if he got out..I chose the larger roo. We were tire from the drive so I didn't notice how large his comb was.
Now I'm wondering if he is a silie or a mix of silkie and the Aracana chickens he had. Please telle what he is...if I should breed him with his silkie hens.
Well that depends on if you want show or pet quality? Show don't breed, pet sure don't see y not.

Do you have a better picture of him, I cant really make out what I am seeing.

Mine r I have 24 eggs in the co-op n they won't go broody I'm thinking of given the eggs away I don't wanna have to get out the incubator

Last edited:

5 month old silkie roo next to my 11 week old silkie (hopefully pullet).. The momma to the little one layed about 8 eggs in a row and tried to go broody, but I took the eggs daily (no silkie roos of breeding age, roo was too young and I gotta babies with momma).. No eggs for about a month now.

Back
Top Bottom