Silkie thread!

These are my new babies!

Chicken Pickin, I've never seen a comb like that - it's massive, looks like it exploded across his face. Maybe it's just the angle. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Mine is enormous combs AND mulberry colored rather than black. I think it detracts greatly from a silkie head and total look. I would not use him for breeding regardless of how good he may be otherwise. I also wouldn't have picked the biggest one. Silkies aren't meant to be BIG birds. They are bantams.

I used to show cockers, and like every other breed if one dog stood out for being different (even though against the SOP) then everyone wanted to breed one like that. When I got out of cockers in the - they were breeding them large to show up better in the group. When I went back years later to watch one of my old friends showing - I saw they had a ring full of tiny cockers.

My babies are three months old now and so far I have three pullets for sure and one I'm still not sure of but I'm crossing my fingers that it is also a pullet. My silkie flock did consist of one white male, four blue males and one blue female. I have kept my female with the white male and she hatched one more male and it was white so I now have six males. So momma is glad to have some more girls around. The other male silkies hang with the regular flock. Here's a couple of the new pullets.

These two chicks are 11 weeks old. Any ideas on gender?

All pullets, IMO

Back
Top Bottom