Silkie thread!

Well, in other news, I'm not particularly thrilled about the streamers Taylor has decided to start growing out of her crest this week. Or that suspiciously non-round shape it's taking... :/

On the plus side, her sister (and this one I'm 99% sure is a pullet, her crest is a perfectly round globe!) is growing into one of the most beautiful birds I've ever laid my eyes upon. I'll have to take some pictures soon and post them here... she is STUNNING. Black, but if you catch her in the right light she's got dark brown highlights on her wings. She apparently came from partridge lines (as did Taylor... though I have no idea if they are "blood sisters") so I'm sure that has to do with it.

when these silkies hatch eggs what color chicks can I expect. I know I'll get splash but what shade of splash. Will they be light, dark, or in the middle or what.

when these silkies hatch eggs what color chicks can I expect. I know I'll get splash but what shade of splash. Will they be light, dark, or in the middle or what.

They look blue and splash, so you'll get blue and splash in various shades. Some splashes are so light they look almost white, some are so dark they look blue. Some blues are so light they look splash and so dark look black. So, you'll just have to hatch some eggs and see what you get :)

Where r you located. My family are in love with the solid white and grey silky chickens. How can we or should we get one or two?
We know very little about chickens

I'm not far from you, I'm in SC. In fact my daughter lives right across the state line from you. I would get at least two. What are your goals? Warning, if you get two you'll want more, and more...

I have a question for the more knowledgeable silkie breeders. I have a white rooster from paint and buff breeding, it was an oops breeding as I didn't have a buff rooster at the time. I know have him with buff ladies and a black sizzle hen. If he is bred to the buff ladies, what are the chances of buff chicks, red plye or buff/red paints? I will be geeting a few more white hens and hopefully buff as well, now that I have a buff rooster for them. The white rooster has buff coloring starting to pop up on his wings and crest as he matures, I was just wondering what to expect from him.

You can see some of the buff coming in on his wings

I like his foot feathering too but he could always have move

Back
Top Bottom