Silkie thread!

I have a question for the more knowledgeable silkie breeders. I have a white rooster from paint and buff breeding, it was an oops breeding as I didn't have a buff rooster at the time. I know have him with buff ladies and a black sizzle hen. If he is bred to the buff ladies, what are the chances of buff chicks, red plye or buff/red paints? I will be geeting a few more white hens and hopefully buff as well, now that I have a buff rooster for them. The white rooster has buff coloring starting to pop up on his wings and crest as he matures, I was just wondering what to expect from him. You can see some of the buff coming in on his wings I like his foot feathering too but he could always have move
Breeding White with any other colour is unpredictable . His parents must also have whites somewhere in their line. :)

The pair this guy came from was a paint roo from paint lines, I got him from a breeder in Ky. The hen was a buff lady I had raised from a chick from my first silkies from 5 years ago.

How about the Nantahala Farm in , NC? I hear a lot of good things about their Dominiques.
That's even further
lau.gif

Where r you located. My family are in love with the solid white and grey silky chickens. How can we or should we get one or two?
We know very little about chickens
Welcome to the forum! Check out the Learning Center to learn more about chickens. Hope you find some silkies. They are wonderful chickens to have!

does anyone know how long it takes after separating breeders from the general flock for the eggs to be fertile by only the breeder rooster?

Back
Top Bottom