Silkie thread!

I have a question.
When will I be able to take my Buff Orpingtons, RIRs, and silkies outside? I would not put them in the coop just yet. I would just bring there bucket outside. What's the lowest temperature they can handle? It has been in the low 50°s and high 40°s, and inside my house (where they are currently staying) its probably about 60°s they don't have heat lamp, so they are fine at 60°s (from what I've seen)
The silkies are a week old and the others are 2 weeks old.

I have a question.
When will I be able to take my Buff Orpingtons, RIRs, and silkies outside? I would not put them in the coop just yet. I would just bring there bucket outside. What's the lowest temperature they can handle? It has been in the low 50°s and high 40°s, and inside my house (where they are currently staying) its probably about 60°s they don't have heat lamp, so they are fine at 60°s (from what I've seen)
The silkies are a week old and the others are 2 weeks old.
They need a lamp if they're going outside soon/now. You could put them in the coop and use a lamp at night and on the chilliest days. At one week they are quite tiny and the cold could really bother them. If they all act fine inside at 60° i guess they're warm enough there.
What kind of shelter does your coop have?

Like I said I wouldn't bring them into the coop yet with the big birds, my coop is attached to my shed and the coop is also linked with a pen for the goats, so the chickens can Go forage there. The buffs and RIRs have completely gotten there wing feathers and the silkies have got half of they're wing feathers (I'm guessing the silkies won't be able to go outside for a while) I'll send a pic of all of them so you can tell they're age.

Here they are

Hi,

I recently noticed that one of my silkie pullets has one toenail sticking straight up. You can't see it but will I still be able to show her?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom