Silkie thread!

Thanks!
I just held my to silkies I laid on my back and let my silkies crawl all over me, they loved it! My dog came over to say hi, she's sweet and gentle but for some reason she's gotta lick baby animals (she licked the baby goats) don't worry I didn't let her lick em'
That's so sweet! I'll have to post a picture I have of my great Pyrenees dog, she's got baby chicks all down her back. It's sweet she just stands there with the chicks on her.

That's so sweet! I'll have to post a picture I have of my great Pyrenees dog, she's got baby chicks all down her back. It's sweet she just stands there with the chicks on her.

Pyres are often used as flock dogs - they are considered guardian rather than herding dogs because they stay with their flock to protect it rather than leaving their flock unprotected to go chase a predator. Herding dogs will leave a flock unprotected to chase a predator where a guardian dog will stay with the flock. I love Pyres and wish I had the land space to have one (or two).

How much do you trim? I already did that but i don't think it helped. 

I haven't had to trim before so I'm unsure how much I'll take off. Enough to see his little butt hole clearly I guess. He is nearly 8 months old and should be fertile! He crows and mates and the girls hatched on the same date have been laying for over 2 months.

Pyres are often used as flock dogs - they are considered guardian rather than herding dogs because they stay with their flock to protect it rather than leaving their flock unprotected to go chase a predator. Herding dogs will leave a flock unprotected to chase a predator where a guardian dog will stay with the flock. I love Pyres and wish I had the land space to have one (or two).
Yes, my Pyrenees, guards the chickens. I also have an Anatolian shepherd that guards them. I love them both but Pyrenees are really sweet!

I haven't had to trim before so I'm unsure how much I'll take off. Enough to see his little butt hole clearly I guess. He is nearly 8 months old and should be fertile! He crows and mates and the girls hatched on the same date have been laying for over 2 months.
One of my roosters is getting about too old so I need a few more babies from him asap. And the other two I got a few months back just at breeding age, I haven't even seen them do anything.
he.gif

Yes, my Pyrenees, guards the chickens. I also have an Anatolian shepherd that guards them. I love them both but Pyrenees are really sweet!
I have one Australian shepherd, I love the breed! She loves to herd the chickens into the coop at night!
Now every time she gets close to them they know to go into the coop XD Pyrenees are a really gorgeous breed, but I think I like Aussies better ;)
When my chicks go outside my Aussie watches them closely and she lies down and my chicks climbed all over her snuggling in to her warm fur! (That was from the last batch of chicks)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom