Silkie thread!

How do I find the website and subscribe? I tried the link you shared but nothing comes up.
sad.png

Sorry the website for Amber Waves Silkies didn't come up for you. Try this URL: www.showsilkies.com -- or just use Google Search for Amber Waves Silkies. Their juveniles look like little dinosaurs but a lot of their adult Silkies are show-stoppers. Always remember that not EVERY chicken that hatches will be 100% show quality as any breeder will tell you. But you at least want to start with a pure-bred Silkies breeder for your stock.

Sorry the website for Amber Waves Silkies didn't come up for you.  Try this URL:   www.showsilkies.com  -- or just use Google Search for Amber Waves Silkies.  Their juveniles look like little dinosaurs but a lot of their adult Silkies are show-stoppers.  Always remember that not EVERY chicken that hatches will be 100% show quality as any breeder will tell you.  But you at least want to start with a pure-bred Silkies breeder for your stock.

OK thank you so much. I most definitely want to start with well bred silkies and I'll go from their. Thanks again for your help. :)

We have Silkie chicks hatching in the coop today. We brought in one already and hopefully the rest will hatch quickly to join it because it is peeping so loud being all alone. My daughter found it outside of the nest box and it was cold so she brought it in instead of putting it back under the hen.

I would rather hatch the Silkie eggs in the incubator and give the Silkies bigger chicks but the eggs I originally wanted to swap for theirs are in the incubator and due to hatch tomorrow. My daughter has taken over hatching for me until I am back on my feet again. The Silkies seem to hatch earlier than the Orpingtons so when I set them together it gives the smaller chicks a day to get started before the bigger chicks hatch. Then I move the Orpingtons up to the next stage brooder and hold the Silkies behind.

My splash Easter chicks would have been going outside today so hopefully I get more splash chicks in this batch. The first one that hatched this morning is blue so we may sell it if there are more blues to group it with since we do a minimum of four chicks together with the expectation that two will be pullets with two cockerels attached to keep them company before they become unwanted. I will keep the blues to raise with the splash if there is not a group of four to sell but we can't keep all the chicks we hatch and we want more splash hens.

Back
Top Bottom