Silkie thread!

Aw.... Hoping they turn up alright! We keep our chickens where our dogs can't go so when they do get to go where the chickens are, they are an unrecognized species to them and they bark their heads off :rolleyes:. Thankfully, they are okay with the one Silkie livng in the basemenet

They are supposed to stay separate but this is the third time my husband did not close a door or gate and they have killed things: ducks, ducklings, bunnies, and now Silkies. I don't like the two dogs but they are my husbands so I am stuck with them. My two dogs have not killed birds because I am more careful than him. Only one gets to be around the birds because she is a guardian dog.

Anyone want to join me on a Silkie group board on Pinterest? Info here ---> http://silkiechickensonline.blogspot.com/2016/05/silkie-chickens-on-pinterest.html?m=1

I think it's wonderful what you are creating. As for me, BYC is as social media/blogger as I will get. Too many social medias like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Linked-In, Pinterest etc, are too spread out and too many to check - I spend enough of my time on BYC and learn enough on here. I like BYC for my helpful info. For specific breeds I would think Facebook would be the next most helpful. Go for it in Pinterest as there are many Silkie owners in the USA and UK. I personally became annoyed with Pinterest for forcing you to join/log-in just to take a cursory look at the site. It's one of the annoying things about most of the social media pages yet BYC was the only one I found worthwhile to peruse for info without having to log-in if I don't choose to.

This boy is coming along so nicely, I cant wait until its tike to start hatching again!

Man, it's already time for the weekly pictures..... hopefully they'll cooperate. The six Silkies we grabbed up 4 weeks ago becausr they had awful, and ignored, pasty butt are all healthy and super spunky now! A couple have straight combs and a couple have bare legs....but they're just for our backyard flock, so it doesn't matter much to us. They're a lot more skittish than our orpingtons were and don't seem too keen on human contact. I sit on the floor, move slow, and talk super softly.....and they act like I'm a monster
1f62d.png

Oh well....I can always wander over to the big chicks for cuddles when the Silkies turn me down too many times haha. They're so darn cute though....like little cotton balls.
1f60d.png

Back
Top Bottom