Silkie with conjuctivitis, help please!!

Here she is this morning, that right eye...

Wow thank you for the detailed information on Baytril!! I'm only going to do one drop on a piece of grape for dosage and have her take it orally. But on a brighter note I started the aloe vera eye technique yesterday, I have some growing. And there is improvement this morning! The swelling is down, and the eyelid looks more deflated, shriveled a bit I should say. And it's open a little. I am so happy for that, it took a long time to get it open in the first place and to see it swell shut again was frustrating to say the least.
Not sure how much one drop is, but at her weight of 278 grams she can have 0.05cc of the 10% Baytril. That looks like this:

-Kathy

Last edited:
Alright, so I FINALLY received the Baytril I ordered on 11/30, and it came on 12/9 with priority overnight. She had been getting better in her eye but still very swollen and with loose droppings. I've managed to reverse the wry neck. But after one treatment of baytril (last night) there is a milky white substance coming from her inner eyelid corner. Puffiness is down slightly. Is this a strange pus? Otherwise she is still being a little trooper. She is drinking a ton of buttermilk with turmeric on her own but I'm going to stop the colloidal silver now that she is on baytril. Thoughts?

Just chronicalling my journey! So it's been almost a week on Baytril, slight improvement as the eye discharge is slowly coming out in a thick white cream from her inner eyelid. I'm sure she has sinusitis as well. But it's moving, I can tell she also is swallowing some when she gives me this look of disgust. But the little trooper is now 368 grams a couple days ago, so looking back on this thread that is significant weight gain and I'm very pleased with it. She drinks 1/2 cup of buttermilk on her own everyday, demands it now actually. I'm keeping up with the poly visol and Vit E treatments as well. Still under brooder style heat lamp during the day, which I remove at night. She has been living in my house so nights aren't too bad. Droppings still loose but hoping for better improvement there after 10 days of baytril. She's quite bossy now too, always talking!

Back
Top Bottom