Silkied Ameraucana Project

Is there anyone selling eggs? I keep checking eBay and the sales forum and no luck there. I still have the original birds from eggs that I got from Jubaby but I was only able to hatch normal feathered F1 birds, and have had no luck in getting silkied chicks from them. I ended up crossing them with Silkies to get some outside blood into them. I'm still having a tough time breeding the black skin, extra toes and the occasional crest out of them. But they have the very docile and sweet disposition of the Silkie

Mine are right at 21-weeks and not laying yet. I still don't know what I've got--at least two cockerels, one lav and one black split (but he has tons of red/gold leakage)

This was several weeks ago...(disregard that Cochin on the far left!). I have 3 lavs and 4 black splits

Hi all,

I have one silkied hen. I had gotten eggs off ebay last year, and hatched 3 hens (lucky me, right?). Two were split, (regular feathers, she had bred regular Ameraucanas in her breeding program.) Anyway, one died, I gave the other to my sister, and now all I have is the one beautiful silkied splash hen... well, she is pretty ugly right now, but normally she is lovely.
Anyway, would be interested in some eggs if anyone is selling, either bbs or lavender. :)

I will have some full Silkied cockerels available in a few months once I decide who I am keeping to breed for next year. I cannot ship, will have to be picked up in Texas. My original breeders are from chooks chick.

I swear my Silkieds will themselves to hatch roosters. Hatched 11 full Silkieds and 9 are roosters! At least I can pick which one I like best. Out of the splits 90% were pullets.....

That's actually a good thing. Split pullets have a lot less problems reaching laying age. But hang onto at least 2, preferably 3 of your best full silkied boys. CYA is critical with how fragile they can still be. Hard feather pullets can be used with your silkied boys and all offspring will be at least for sure splits.

Back
Top Bottom