Silkied Ameraucana Project

All 4 eggs that made it to lockdown hatched! And I was wrong, all of them are lavender.
wee.gif

clap.gif
AWESOME!!!!

Replying here so Ican find thread easier ..as one I have posted in....im subscribed but doesn't seem to bring up new posts.other threads I am subscribed to do show new ones..but many don't....prolly operator error but iI'm trying to figure it out here.I'mcurrently reading thru the original 92 pages of the original situations with these birds but extremely difficult BC I randomly get booted out of site and then have to go thru a bunch to get back to page i was on..and of course it happens most often when Iam deep into a huge thread...so hi and now back to these beautiful birds...

Wow it has been so quiet in here
pop.gif
How is everyone's projects going?

I'm wrapping mine up in a couple weeks planning a vacation and everyone needs to be back in general population before I go.

Lots of new people joining the project
woot.gif

If anyone near Philly (SE PA) is interested in silkied lavenders, I'm hatching chicks now and probably through the fall, as long as my pullet keeps laying.

I find it interesting that everyone (I believe, could be wrong) is only working with these birds in shades of grey (black, blue, splash, Lav). I imagine they would be absolutely beautiful in colors with the roosters especially. Is there a reason that everyone is working in grey? Is it hard to break out of those colors genetically? I know the first ones were splash, but it's been a while now.

I find it interesting that everyone (I believe, could be wrong) is only working with these birds in shades of grey (black, blue, splash, Lav). I imagine they would be absolutely beautiful in colors with the roosters especially. Is there a reason that everyone is working in grey? Is it hard to break out of those colors genetically? I know the first ones were splash, but it's been a while now.

Nope I think everyone is just working on the colors that interest them. I know I personally love the Lavender color so when I first got my hands on them I worked on Lavender which took me several generations to accomplish. Edencamp has been working on mauve and barred lavender for several generations so you will soon see mauve and barred lavender
ya.gif

There are others working on new colors as well but it takes a lot of time and many generations to do it so progress is there it's just slow.

Back
Top Bottom