Silkied Ameraucana Project

She looks like a cuckoo lavender!  Beautiful.
My appologies for thinking she was a mix--I've just never seen anything like her before! I'm extremely interested in using this kind of bird for my senior thesis project!! If anyone offered these eggs, please send them my way <3

My appologies for thinking she was a mix--I've just never seen anything like her before! I'm extremely interested in using this kind of bird for my senior thesis project!! If anyone offered these eggs, please send them my way <3

Don't worry no problem at all :)
papa's poultry has Lavender mottled Orp, very pretty!

This chicken is crazy exciting to me- great that it can't fly out of the yard or into the garden! I would really like to purchase 6 eggs. I only hatch under broodies (my dh doesn't notice increases in numbers if they happen 'naturally') so if one of mine goes broody are any of you able to ship reasonably(within a week) fast?

My husband went to fill up the 40 pound feeder. It had 7 eggs in it. I wondered why I was getting fewer eggs all of a sudden. Lol. Would like to have seen one fly to the top of the feeder and get down to the bottom to lay and egg. Not to mention the feeder is suspended off the ground.

I just tucked 8 eggs under my broody- I got them from 'Colorful Coop'. Her pen has splits so in 30ish days I will know if I am an owner of silkied's! Fingers crossed for a good hatch.

I don't have SiAmd but find them interesting. One thing I was wondering is if these are smaller than the average smooth feathered Ameraucana? They look smaller in the pictures. Is the small genetic pool causing problems now? It was previously. Are they hardy or require special care? Thanks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom