Silkied Ameraucana Project

That's what I thought I never expect eggs until after 24 weeks. My girls are 7 months give or take a few weeks. Maybe if I hang some Christmas lights the will get in the season and throw me an egg
1f600.png

You won't find buff. Mostly BBS. I have a splash in my layer coop and have to wheaten Ameraucana's in there hatching some now to see if the Silkied splash is the father or the wheaten Marans

So everything has been quiet over here, just buckled down through some record cold temperatures. Hope everyone else is doing well.

I've had a pullet start laying this last week and a half but haven't caught anyone in action - I'm going to check vents since there is only one laying right now - a lightly green tinted egg; sort of a sea foam color. From who I see checking out the nest boxes, my guess is that it may be one of the show line black pullets I picked up in the fall. If that is the case, she is laying near the middle of the blue-green scale for eggs I saw over the last year, which would make me happy.

Spring can't get here fast enough, can it? Itching to start incubating again.

I also have some laying right now. But in same boat don't know who since I also bought some smooth feathered black Ameraucana's so could be anyone. Threw some in the incubator and will be throwing today's and Tomorrow in also

I caught my layer in the act - it is one of the show breeder line black pullets. She has settled on a sea foam like shell color about midway on the blue-green scale of last year's eggs but not as intense on the blue scale as the better eggs.

She almost took my hand off when I reached of the eggs, sure is a gutsy lady!

Hi all,

I have fallen in love with these adorable birds and am hoping to add some to my collection this spring. Will anyone be offering shipped hatching eggs for sale? Thank you!

Any chance that anyone has Silkied Ameraucana Hatching eggs available? I am starting some eggs in my Incubator Feb 1st and would love to try some of this gorgeous variety.

Back
Top Bottom