Silkied Ameraucana Project

Hello everyone,

I will be setting B/S Silkied AMs, BBS JG and Silver Penciled PR's this weekend.

Did I mention how excited I was?
wee.gif

Lori

Last edited:
someone has achieved a good result from crossing silkie cruz de cabeça preta / Belgian Bearded d'Uccle?

Hi everyone just found the new thread and figured I'd check in
big_smile.png

My birds are doing great!!! I have not had any losses with my Silk Ameraucanas and they proved extremely hardy this winter...surviving 0 degrees no problem!

I just started incubating again and I have a group of Blacks and Lavenders due to hatch on the 22nd. So excited to see what I get!!!!

I have been working very hard on my guys and I am really happy with my current group
woot.gif

Early on I had some large combs pop up but after out crossing to Smith and Blehm lines they look really good now
ya.gif

Egg color is awesome too! I have one hen laying a really olive egg but all the others are laying a decent Blue- hoping that the next generation keeps the color...

I am going to be hatching from my current group for the next couple weeks and then growing out my next set of breeders. I have out crossed quite a few times now so I feel pretty good about trying to breed Silk to Silk next and breeding all Lavs without using Splits or Blacks
droolin.gif

Fingers crossed this next generation looks good
fl.gif

Trish

Hi everyone just found the new thread and figured I'd check in :D

My birds are doing great!!! I have not had any losses with my Silk Ameraucanas and they proved extremely hardy this winter...surviving 0 degrees no problem!

I just started incubating again and I have a group of Blacks and Lavenders due to hatch on the 22nd. So excited to see what I get!!!!

I have been working very hard on my guys and I am really happy with my current group :woot

Early on I had some large combs pop up but after out crossing to Smith and Blehm lines they look really good now :ya

Egg color is awesome too! I have one hen laying a really olive egg but all the others are laying a decent Blue- hoping that the next generation keeps the color...

I am going to be hatching from my current group for the next couple weeks and then growing out my next set of breeders. I have out crossed quite a few times now so I feel pretty good about trying to breed Silk to Silk next and breeding all Lavs without using Splits or Blacks :drool

Fingers crossed this next generation looks good :fl

Trish

That is super exciting!!! I lost all mine... I will be looking for eggs this spring! Will anyone have any available for the Easter hatch a long? Shipping week of March 24.

Hatched out 10/32 eggs going on day 21 now (including 3 of 4 EEs in a separate hatcher for the laying flock). A higher blue/black rate than last year, so off to a good start. Going to be picky about disqualifying for any issues - marked two for DQ. One due to bad hatch position/assisted hatch and one due to significant trouble walking/standing (likely environmental cause, but not worth risking passing on).

Took a few pictures, will share after I get some sleep.

(This is the holding brooder for the first few days until chicks can walk and know what food/water are. Almost all are moved to the full brooder in under a day.)

3 more since earlier!

Back
Top Bottom