Silkied Ameraucana Project

The thread starter CatKai, is in Texas. Go to the first post in this thread and you can click on her name to send her a PM. She has excellent birds, super healthy and very pretty!

Yes! And I just ordered some! Yay me!

And...I believe this is about to start a Facebook chicken info war.... "There's no such thing as a Silkie Ameraucana...". ;-)

Thanks Rachel :)

Silkied Ameraucana :)

Silkied is a feather type.

Silkie Ameraucana sounds like a cross ;)

But - they do both exist ;)

Last edited:
Quote: Congrats
wee.gif

Thanks Rachel :)

Silkied Ameraucana :)

Silkied is a feather type.

Silkie Ameraucana sounds like a cross ;)

But - they do both exist ;)

I have to get my SA fix through pictures, so I will enable as many as I can
wink.png

Rachel, I just replied to you on Facebook. (Megan Curtis). I'll post my reply here so people can see what I said in regards to the others telling you they weren't pure.

Emily, that is correct. The Ameraucana Association doesn't accept silkied as an Ameraucana feather type, so the chickens can't be shown. That is what everyone means by it not being recognized and a project color. Everything is a project until it is recognized by the Association.

Adding this to the above:
Other project breeds are things like Lavender (which people expect to be recognized soon), barred, etc.

Rachel, I just replied to you on Facebook. (Megan Curtis). I'll post my reply here so people can see what I said in regards to the others telling you they weren't pure.

Emily, that is correct. The Ameraucana Association doesn't accept silkied as an Ameraucana feather type, so the chickens can't be shown. That is what everyone means by it not being recognized and a project color. Everything is a project until it is recognized by the Association.

Adding this to the above:
Other project breeds are things like Lavender (which people expect to be recognized soon), barred, etc.

Not Rachel, unless 8isenuff is also named Rachel
big_smile.png
, that would be cool!

Back
Top Bottom