Silkied Ameraucana Project

Wish I had that talent :)

I am behind on posting stuff and will be for a bit. I have had a very sick dog for 2 months, she had stomach/intestinal cancer. One of my other dogs (her mother) suddenly became ill and and not feeling well turned into an emergency in a matter of minutes. She died 10 minutes from the Vet. Then we found out she also had stomach cancer. Had her at the Vet 3 weeks ago not feeling well and her having cancer was missed... 2 days later after I lost her, I had to let her daughter go that we had been working on for 2 months. So I'm not ignoring anyone I'm just in a bad way with sick dogs and having lost 2 of them 2 days apart last week. Still doing egg listings just not as many due to everything going on...

hugs.gif

We lost one to cancer on March 1st..
it's sad when you lose one.. and here you've had it twice..
hugs.gif

Sorry to hear about your loss... I lost my baby girl a few years ago to cancer. It had started in her jaw and we had several surgeries over 2 years to keep removing it. It eventually spread down her throat and to her lungs. We made the appointment with the vet to put her down but the night before the appointment she died in my arms at home. We had her 18 years, most of my life at that point. I still miss her...

On a different note, my 1 little lavender is a runt. He was doing good it seemed but he's still half the size of the others then stopped eating and drinking. I took him out and noticed he had pasty butt so I cleaned him and relieved what was built up. He seemed weak for awhile after that and I was afraid I was gonna lose him but this morning I woke up and he's running around like normal again. He's a special little guy.

I know a lot of folks are not in Texas and you probably need to be close for this.. But I have decided to get out of silkied ameraucanas I am looking for someone already working on the project or wanting to begin dedicated work on them to rehome a breeding pair and an extra roo ( I use him to make splits) and two juveniles sex unknown at this point of course. Or perhaps you know someone...in Texas who can drive to pick them up. I cannot ship sorry. All birds are black or blue.

Please pm me if interested.you must come get them due to my health ..sorry

I know a lot of folks are not in Texas and you probably need to be close for this.. But I have decided to get out of silkied ameraucanas I am looking for someone already working on the project or wanting to begin dedicated work on them to rehome a breeding pair and an extra roo ( I use him to make splits) and two juveniles sex unknown at this point of course. Or perhaps you know someone...in Texas who can drive to pick them up. I cannot ship sorry. All birds are black or blue.

Chicks that was a really hard decision to make I know how much you love your Silkied Ameraucanas
hugs.gif

Hope you are ok
hugs.gif

hugs.gif

We won't be down in your neck of the woods for any time soon (depends on when my husband gets his leave from work so late June or early July most likely).. so hopefully someone else can stop by and help you out

Yes I have loved them for a very long time... The reason we are getting out is because I don't have the health to " do things" with them ...like move the pens around and make and hatch splits and then well, we all know what we do...we decided to focus on other breeds and I might want to try mottled ams and I cannot no way have three projects going with my horrid health ...I mowed today now I am certain I might die, j/k just feels like it since stamina sucks. These two babies from my breeding pair are just darling! We thought to just put them in with some others to make room for the mottled ams... But I really feel they need to go back into the project, the egg color on this girl is fantastic I need to get some pics... Tomorrow. I love them, they come when called not to catch mind you just to investigate.but the decision is made we will be finding a new home for our little flock.

In my search for a local Ameraucana pullet, I found this thread. Oh my gosh, yall's birds are fantastic! Now I have a bad case of chicken envy.

Does anyone have a single Silkied Ameraucana pullet for sale in Texas (preferably Houston area)?

Back
Top Bottom