Silkied Ameraucana Project

Hello I am new to this thread. Oh my I am so excited that there is a silkied Ameraucana. I LOVE MY AMERAUCANAS. I would love love love to have a silkied variety. Does anyone know if anyone in AZ has them yet? Does anyone sell chicks or do you all only ship eggs? I do not have an incubator. I LOVE your pictures and I would so love to be a part of this. They are gorgeous. ok guess you got the point that I am in love with this breed. Here is a silly newbie question but do they still lay the blue and green eggs?

Hello I am new to this thread. Oh my I am so excited that there is a silkied Ameraucana. I LOVE MY AMERAUCANAS. I would love love love to have a silkied variety. Does anyone know if anyone in AZ has them yet? Does anyone sell chicks or do you all only ship eggs? I do not have an incubator. I LOVE your pictures and I would so love to be a part of this. They are gorgeous. ok guess you got the point that I am in love with this breed. Here is a silly newbie question but do they still lay the blue and green eggs?
I know your excitement. I just hatched 13 eggs of these beautiful birds. I hope you find yours.

Delurking to post this.  There is a thread on reddit by someone in Australia who claims not have any Silkies now or in the past and one of his chickens seems to have this feather type. I thought of this and the original thread when I saw the post.
http://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinter...f_our_chickens_grows_fur_instead_of_feathers/

Not sure what breed that is but it doesn't have the rosecomb of an Ameruacana. It's not a silkie either though like some people on that site said. It is pretty!

I think most chicks (and adults) that are sold are pretty much pick-up only. No idea who is currently shipping eggs.

Since I'm still trying to get to a full black flock if possible this year, I have plenty of blue/splashes for local pickup from my hatch outs. Hatching my breeder flock eggs so none of those to share, but if someone is willing to risk split x split eggs, I can share some of those. I wouldn't recommend it though -- the odds of a silkied chick are impractically low, and you wouldn't be able to tell who is a carrier without test breeding each other. Plus the hatch rate on shipped eggs can be really awful. The only practical way that would work out is if you ended up with at least one silkied roo you could breed back knowing the next generation would all be carriers at least, with a few silkied offspring showing up.

So, sadly I lost my one little lavender chick today... I had put them in the outdoor brooder when it was warm and then we had a cold front come in so I put a heat lamp in there and was still worried so I brought the little guy in for the night... this morning he was peeping loudly and running everywhere so I figured he was fine and put him back with his brothers but by this evening he was dead...
It's always the ones that are your favorites or unique or the individuals... never the ones that there's like 5 of and you can hardly tell them apart... I lost my only tolbunt polish pullet this week too and she was my absolute favorite...
Well, I'm hoping some of these that are left are split for lav and maybe I'll get some later down the line... it's really like some splash though, if anyone will have some eggs for sale soon...

So, sadly I lost my one little lavender chick today... I had put them in the outdoor brooder when it was warm and then we had a cold front come in so I put a heat lamp in there and was still worried so I brought the little guy in for the night... this morning he was peeping loudly and running everywhere so I figured he was fine and put him back with his brothers but by this evening he was dead...
It's always the ones that are your favorites or unique or the individuals... never the ones that there's like 5 of and you can hardly tell them apart... I lost my only tolbunt polish pullet this week too and she was my absolute favorite...
Well, I'm hoping some of these that are left are split for lav and maybe I'll get some later down the line... it's really like some splash though, if anyone will have some eggs for sale soon...

hit.gif

I'm so sorry about your Lav
hit.gif

2/3 of the Black silk that hatch should be split for Lavender so your chances are very good on them.

Come the Fall I will have pure Lavender silk Ameraucana eggs available for anyone just wanting Lavenders. Then I can start working on Lavender Wheaten
droolin.gif

Sorry about your chick. That sucks

If there's a list being started I have BBS. I'm hoping for some blacks, so I can use them later for other varieties;

I also have straight AMs. LF in BBS and Lavender. Bantams in Black, Lavender and Chocolate

I'm game for just about any color, but I was thinking the little chocolate Bantams would be cool eventually

Back
Top Bottom