Silkied Ameraucana Project

I'm debating with myself on whether or not to get certified. I wouldn't need it for local stuff, and my closest neighbor Idaho doesn't require it for eggs. But it would be nice if I end up with being successful on my project birds. Right now I technically have more chickens than I'm zoned for. And an illegal rooster..... but my neighbors told me that they don't mind.

Do you have to be NPIP to ship out of Texas?

I believe you have to be npip to ship anywhere. All states are different but I believe npip is the minimum.

Hi Everyone, Long time stalker, first time poster. I have four Silkied Ameraucana pullets that are 35 weeks old and are still not laying.
I realize that egg production slows down this time of year but, all my younger pullets are laying consistently. Has anyone else had an issue with barren girls?

Pic update. I have two Roos that are "mature". I'm probably culling both--the Lav has a clean face and the Black/split has tons of leakage.

I only have 6 of the 10 original chicks remaining---2 Lavs and 4 Black splits. I think all are Roos. (Hatched around Memorial Day)

Here are a couple bad pics of Lav #2 and Black split #2. I'm pretty sure the Lav is a roo. I had another (better) Lav Roo, but he spontaneously kicked the bucked in the middle of the night about three weeks ago.

Last edited:
Black/split #4---I was pretty sure this ONE was a pullet, but it has really long neck feathers. Also notice it has zero tail feathers!

I apologize for the multiple posts. I'm trying to figure what to keep. I am only keeping one Roo. I'm not supposed to have ANY chickens and I have about 40 right now. 5 roosters crowing will cause me to lose all my girls!
1f633.png

Back
Top Bottom