Silkied Ameraucana Project

Black/split #4---I was pretty sure this ONE was a pullet, but it has really long neck feathers. Also notice it has zero tail feathers!

I apologize for the multiple posts. I'm trying to figure what to keep. I am only keeping one Roo. I'm not supposed to have ANY chickens and I have about 40 right now. 5 roosters crowing will cause me to lose all my girls!
1f633.png

I am looking for a silkied black or lavender silkied roo, if you have a spare. Would even consider a split. Would need to be shipped.

Hallelujah! It's a girl!

After a rough two weeks, I've discovered I do indeed have one pullet. I posted pics a couple weeks ago and was pretty sure all six were cockerels in different stages of maturing. I picked out two that I wanted to keep and sequestered the other four to a huge, in-coop, brooder pen. Three of them died within the following week (1 in the pen and both of the ones I was planning on keeping---go figure). Anyway, that left me with the two dominant cull cockerels and a smaller bird. I picked her up yesterday to give her a good inspection. Her face was bright red and her comb has shrunk. So excited to have a girl. I'm hoping she will live long enough to get a good roo for her.

Keeping one cockerel to make EE's....neither are breeding quality.

Hallelujah! It's a girl!

After a rough two weeks, I've discovered I do indeed have one pullet. I posted pics a couple weeks ago and was pretty sure all six were cockerels in different stages of maturing. I picked out two that I wanted to keep and sequestered the other four to a huge, in-coop, brooder pen. Three of them died within the following week (1 in the pen and both of the ones I was planning on keeping---go figure). Anyway, that left me with the two dominant cull cockerels and a smaller bird. I picked her up yesterday to give her a good inspection. Her face was bright red and her comb has shrunk. So excited to have a girl. I'm hoping she will live long enough to get a good roo for her.

Keeping one cockerel to make EE's....neither are breeding quality.
Awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom