Silkies Of A Different Color

Sure is a cute littlechick but....
I think it might be way to small and fluffy to tell what it will look like as an adult. You are going to have a lot of change in color in the next few months or more... I've even had pure white birds hatching out, with the same colored baby fluff.
Aren't silkies grand!!!:)

Aren't silkies grand!!!
smile.png
Oh yes they are.Before I got my first silkies I wanted to breed like 3 totally different kind of chicken, but now I am all about Silkies. There are so many possibilities in colors and they have such a calm and friendly personality.
By the way I send you a PM :)
Here is another picture of one of my birds.What you think is it a boy or a girl? Got a little wet from the rain. I read earlier on the forum somewhere you can tell from the beak curve. I really hope it is a girl tho.

Hi again
, I just sent you a way to long pm back:)
the chick you have pictured I would guess is a roo sorry:(
I'm mostly looking at the wider spaceing on the forhead where the comb would go. If it was more narrow or a small V shape I would say pullet. That being said there's always surprises with sexing silkies. But I would keep an eye on his/ her four head for tell tail wider spaceing. At that age it's the best way I know of to try to sex them.

Hi again
, I just sent you a way to long pm back:)
the chick you have pictured I would guess is a roo sorry:(
I'm mostly looking at the wider spaceing on the forhead where the comb would go. If it was more narrow or a small V shape I would say pullet. That being said there's always surprises with sexing silkies. But I would keep an eye on his/ her four head for tell tail wider spaceing. At that age it's the best way I know of to try to sex them.
Yes I saw that, responded :)
I really was hoping for a female. What I could bread him best to, to keep the nice pattern. I have black, white, partridge, and soon cuckoos (don`t think that will work out), porcelain, Lavender and buff. Just dont want get rid of him. He is so beautiful.

Oh yes they are.Before I got my first silkies I wanted to breed like 3 totally different kind of chicken, but now I am all about Silkies. There are so many possibilities in colors and they have such a calm and friendly personality.
By the way I send you a PM :)
Here is another picture of one of my birds.What you think is it a boy or a girl? Got a little wet from the rain. I read earlier on the forum somewhere you can tell from the beak curve. I really hope it is a girl tho.
This looks like a roo to me. I have not read about the curved beak for an indication on sex, but now that I think about it, I have had several that clued me in early because of that. For me it is a small window when they are young. After that it is any ones guess until an egg or crowing.

Quote: What pairing? I can't think of a choc pairing that would give choc males and black females. Hens give a copy to their sons, and if they inherit it from dad also, they will be choc; if not, they will be black split to choc. Daughters must inherit if from Dad.
went back and re-read. pairing a choc hen with a black roo will give all black chicks. The boys will be split to choc. Breed the boys back to mama and you will get chocs in both genders (but also blacks in each).

one of my roos that came from a white pet quality hen and my breeder blue roo,
I call him blue birchen, is that correct? or either blue with silver leakage in the neck feathers?

im put him with my smooth sizzle(silkie mix) hen bc she has a little red in her neck, thinking they will create some better looking blue birchen hens.
this is her

but, now I have her with him!

Back
Top Bottom