Silkies Of A Different Color

[COLOR=333333]Wow ! What a beauty! Are you certain it is a Roo?My guess would be silver partridge but that is just a guess.[/COLOR]

At 4months he grew the neck streamers. Then at 5months began the rusty hing crowing. At 6 months his interest in the ladies became crystal clear.
Any other thoughts on color? When he hatched he was a shinny light silver color. His fluff was replaced with all white feathering. At 3-4months the grey began growing in. I named him Grey Beard.

His body is white. Nech & tail has a Lot of light &dark grey.

Last edited:
I thought I'd share a couple of photos of my 13 week old chick I hatched from another breeder's buff eggs. Up until yesterday I thought it was a she, but I spotted streamers today so perhaps it is a boy. Appears to be a blue partridge/buff/red mix, but I am not certain.

no penciling it wouldn't be consider partridge (although he might be mixed from a partridge parent)
he is a closer match for buff columbian (notice the black ruffle on the neck and darker tail) maybe blue buff columbian also way to light to be red.
most will call him an off color buff. but whats one persons off color is another persons dream project color. people like me, so love columbian pattern on silkies.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom