Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters

They look just lovely! :love

I have a silkie pullet that I am treating for a severe case of wry neck for a week. She doesn’t seem to be making much improvement. How long does it take for these cases to recover enough that I don’t have to hold her head up for her to eat? She is getting vit E twice a day, selenium once a day and Corid as I have an outbreak in my flock.

I had a few silkie chicks (a little over a month old) come down with really bad wry neck this year. They had to be syringe fed for 1 1/2 - 2 weeks and even then it took another week or so of treatment for them to return to normal (they could eat and drink on their own the 3rd week of treatment thankfully). We treated them with vitamin e, selenium, and some poultry vitamins. We still have two of the ones who came down with it really badly. Sadly it's seeming like one may have a vitamin absorption issue that will probably be a chronic problem along with other health issues, the other is doing great and hasn't had any relapses though.

Good luck with your little one, I hope she gets better soon! :fl

I've had 8 chicks hatch today!

Three gold, one partridge, one black/blue and three whites.

Two more still to hatch!

DA9B585B-13E4-470B-9125-95266120F5AB.jpg

I've had 8 chicks hatch today!

Three gold, one partridge, one black/blue and three whites.

Two more still to hatch!

View attachment 1987352

Congratulations, they are adorable! :love

No more hatching for me for now, I'm trying out a new cockerel with my girls and he hasn't figured out how to mate effectively (I've seen him try, he's getting a lot better but hasn't quite got it yet). It's been about 2 weeks since I put him with the girls and none of the eggs are fertile (I'm checking daily for the little bullseye). I hope he figures it out soon since some of my nicest looking girls just started laying and I really want to see what kind of babies I get from them, I'm so impatient!:barnie:lol:

I just found a way to help other people figure out how great silkies are! Some of you might have already done this, but if you haven't I would definitely advise you to do it now!
Write a reveiw for silkies here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/reviews/silkie.10842/ and try to make it as positive as you can!

Silkies rock:celebrate

Reminder - We have until Tuesday the 31st to get our nominations in for the month of December! Please see post #1 of this thread for more info:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/byc-recognition-medals.1214207/

We can nominate 4 people per month (12 per quarter).

Awards are given:
January (for months October, November, December)
April (for months January, February, March)
July (for months April, May, June)
October (for months July, August, September)

January, February, March - First Quarter
April, May, June - Second Quarter
July, August, September - Third Quarter
October, November, December - Fourth Quarter

Reminder - We have until Tuesday the 31st to get our nominations in for the month of December! Please see post #1 of this thread for more info:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/byc-recognition-medals.1214207/

We can nominate 4 people per month (12 per quarter).

Awards are given:
January (for months October, November, December)
April (for months January, February, March)
July (for months April, May, June)
October (for months July, August, September)

January, February, March - First Quarter
April, May, June - Second Quarter
July, August, September - Third Quarter
October, November, December - Fourth Quarter
Thanks Kathy! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom