Silly turkey!

elieugene6

Songster
9 Years
Jun 17, 2010
Western ny
I was out by my little pond and my baby goslings finally decided it was time to try out swimming. I wasn't expecting it and got soaked in the process. So I am sitting out there on my boulder watching. Along comes one of my royal palm poults. Now this is my first time raising turkeys and I have decided they are pretty dumb. They have to do everything the ducks and geese are doing. Not what the chickens are doing they could care less about them. I figured it would come down and take a drink then leave. Nope! Took a drink and promptly flew right in to the center of the pond.
ep.gif
I am quickly thinking about what the heck am I gonna do. It isn't a big pond but its 6ft deep and about 10ft across. I was almost ready to go in and get it when it flew back out.
hu.gif
Silly turkey. I couldn't believe it it actually tried to swim around in there until it decided it didn't like being wet.

I bet that was a sight to see. I have learned in this past almost 2 weeks that poults aren't the smartest, they keep playing in their water dish so I keep having to move it and change the brooder out.

Turkeys are hilarious!

My poults get up on their hanging feeders/waters and swing on them like tarzan! They also fly towards the fan in the coop and let it blow them back. They get up and do it again
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom