Silver Laced Barnevelder Chicks/Hatching Eggs?

ndemerly

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 5, 2010
Owosso, MI
I love the silver laced barnevelders, and would like to add them to my flock. Does someone know of anyone with eggs and/or chicks for sale?

Quote:
This is a Silver Barnevelder:

SilvBarnHen.JPEG

SilvBarnWing.JPEG

SilvBarnHPattern.JPEG

Here is a pullet from my large fowl silver double laced Barnevelder Project. She is just starting to show lacing and will hopefully have nice lacing in her adult plumage. She is about 12 weeks. I have four such pullets, and also some silver blues. I have one male silver split from a different pair that I will breed on my 2013 pullets to start working on my silver.

I have been breeding back to gold double laced Barnevelders for several years to fix the type. There is still red leakage in these pullets and it may take some doing to get rid of that.

Andy

Hi,

I just stumbled upon this thread and I'm wondering if anyone out there with knowledge on making silvers is still following this thread?

This is a picture of my best LF pullet this year, 2014.

I can easily see which hens are correct, but I'm having trouble knowing if the roosters a silvers or splits.

What should I be looking for on the roosters to be sure they are pure silver and not splits?

Donna

I have a small flock of five bantams from Greenfire Farms, and will be setting their eggs in a few weeks to build up some stock. I gave away three cockerels last year at a swap, maybe they're still out there somewhere.

This guy's a Hedemora, but there's a barnie in the background.

Hi there! Does anybody know of anyone near NW Arkansas (within 200 miles) that has silver double laced barnies for sale? I'll take chicks or hatching eggs. I'm not gonna get any until Spring, but I was just wanting to get in contact with someone, in case I have to order way in advance. If anyone knows of anyone, even if not near here, I would really appreciate it. I'm looking for LF, btw. I REALLY want some of these birds, but I can't find them anywhere!!

Back
Top Bottom