Blue laced red Wyandottes

Bluechickens21

Chirping
Feb 8, 2024
Hey, I just ordered 5 Blue laced Wyandotte hens and 1 Silver laced rooster, does anyone know what the chicks would look like?

Last edited:
Hey, I just ordered 5 Blue laced Wyandotte hens and 1 Silver laced rooster, does anyone know what the chicks would look like?
Do you mean the chicks you will receive? Most hatcheries have pictures of the various breeds of chicks they sell.

Or do you mean after your chicks grow up, when they produce chicks of their own?
In that case, some offspring will be blue laced silver and some will be black laced silver. In both cases, the "silver" may be a bit yellowish instead of a nice clean white. The yellowish color is especially likely in males, who may also get red patches in their wings.

Do you mean the chicks you will receive? Most hatcheries have pictures of the various breeds of chicks they sell.

Or do you mean after your chicks grow up, when they produce chicks of their own?
In that case, some offspring will be blue laced silver and some will be black laced silver. In both cases, the "silver" may be a bit yellowish instead of a nice clean white. The yellowish color is especially likely in males, who may also get red patches in their wings.
Oh yes sorry, after the chicks grow up and produce chicks of their own. I was just curious as to what they would look like. Thank you for the information:)

Oh yes sorry, after the chicks grow up and produce chicks of their own. I was just curious as to what they would look like. Thank you for the information:)
I had a guess about which one you meant, but answered both because I wanted to be sure. :)

The colors I gave for their chicks will be the adult colors, not the at-hatch down colors.

Back
Top Bottom