Silver Laced Brahmas

Thank you, but I had nothing to do with it. I believe this to be her partner in this undertaking.

24364_dscf3451.jpg

Your hens are showing really nice "brow" considering they are a project and not actually SQ birds. They are coming along nice. It may not be long. Nice job!

I really like that red splash! Do you see that being a color you will persue? All of your birds are quite lovely!

Quote:
That cockerel in the background left - LOVE the head!

Can't wait til I get myself some SQ Brahmas. . .

Does anyone have any updates in the world of Laced Brahma projects? It seems as though Silver laced are disappearing
sad.png
Any outposts of breeders out there who would like to dialogue? We have Buff and and handful of GL's. Here are our birds…

Does anyone have any updates in the world of Laced Brahma projects? It seems as though Silver laced are disappearing
sad.png
Any outposts of breeders out there who would like to dialogue? We have Buff and and handful of GL's. Here are our birds…

I think the perceived decline in silver laced Brahmas is due largely to the fact that they ended up getting exploited by speculators out to make a buck. Resulting in some very poor quality examples being sold at often exorbitant prices.

I played my part in this as well with the egg auctions I did here on BYC, when I felt I had them bred up to the point I thought they were fit to be released to the public. I had no idea these auctions would draw the kind of attention they did, and only ran a few. I had turned down inquiries from some of the more notorious speculators like green fire because I had seen pictures they posted of some of their rare breed breeders with obvious faults such as very bad split, almost angel winged coronation Sussex for crazy prices. But they back doored their way into acquiring some silver laced anyway. The quality of many that I have seen offered on EBay and the like just make me shake my head.

I still keep breeding pens of silver laced, blue laced red, and double laced blue laced red. I will on occasion sell a setting of silver laced eggs if I am convinced the buyer is in it for the right reasons. But have been keeping the reds close to home so far after the experience with the silvers.

Back
Top Bottom